Betway is one of the more recent additions to the growing list of companies involved in the UK betting industry. The company has been actively promoted in the media, they currently sponsor West Ham United in the English Premier League and Betway is one of the few sports betting sites that has been designed from the offset with both website users and mobile betting users in mind. As a result, you’ll find that Betway’s website and apps are amongst the most advanced and easiest to use online.
If you are a new customer with Betway they if you place a bet of £10 or more then you will receive a free bet to the same value, up to a maximum of £30. Your qualifying bet has to be placed at odds of 1.75 or over and your free bet is valid for 7 days from receipt. You must play through your free bet once in order to meet wagering requirements.
Click the button below and you can sign up now with Betway.
Betway – three best things
1. Ease of Use – Betway is well known amongst sports betting punters for having one of the most user-friendly websites and mobile clients in the business. Everything about the site makes it quick and easy for the user to find bets and place them with the minimum of fuss.
2. Number of Promotions & Offers – Betway have a very simple way of placing all their offers and promotions together in the Plus Promotions section of the website. Here all the active promotions on the site are listed and they are very easy to read through and access at the touch of a button. There is a good selection of promotions generally available across a wide number of sports, with a mix of both shorter and longer term offers.
3.Good Customer Support – Betway offer a number of different options in terms of customer support using either the telephone, live chat and email to contact the customer support team. Experiences with the customer support at Betway have generally been very favourable and they do seem to offer customers excellent service when dealing with any issues arising. Support is available 24/7 and in 15 different languages.
Betway – three worst things
1. No Live Streaming – Perhaps the biggest omission from what is an otherwise exemplary sports betting site is a lack of Live Streaming at Betway. The site does offer an extensive In Play betting service, but as yet there is no ability to view live streams, either on the website or via mobile, when you log in.
2. Different Welcome Bonuses for Different Countries – One thing to note is that the opening bonus listed above is only available for customers in the UK, Ireland and Canada. There are a further two additional Welcome Bonus offers, one for customers based in Finland, Norway or Sweden and another for those based in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg or Switzerland.
3. Reports of Bonuses & Promotions being Withheld – Perhaps most worrying, especially for those punters who like to take full advantage of bonuses and who enjoy success when betting, are reports that Betway do occasionally, refuse customers the chance to participate in further bonuses and promotions, often with little or no warning.
What fixtures are available?
Betway is one of the newer names in the UK sports betting industry and its arrival has been followed by a heavy advertising campaign which has seen the company catapulted into the collective conscious of the UK sports betting public. As you would expect, the site offers a wide range of sports, but perhaps with a slightly different focus on some sports more so than others.
Like most UK sports books, the predominant markets that are most popular on the site are football (soccer) betting and horse racing. The importance of these two markets to Betway is evidence by the sheer number of different betting markets available for each, and how often each sport is the focus of a promotional offer from the company.
In terms of betting on football, Betway offers a wide range of football betting markets from a huge range of different leagues and cup competitions, both at club level and international level. In addition to the range of bets available, Betway also heavily promotes football betting by running a wide number of both short term and longer term offers to attract punters to bet with them. These can include Enhanced Odds offers, Free Bet specials, or Insurance promotions.
Betway have focused heavily on offering an excellent horse racing betting service and this extends down from the usual betting markets being available, through to the number of promotions on offer for the longer term, as well as short term promotional items for specific race meetings or races during both the flat and national hunt racing seasons.
Up until now, there’s been very little difference in focus between Betway and almost all other UK sports betting sites, but here is where things get a little different as in addition to the two sports outlined above, another top sport Betway are keen to promote is the emerging world of esports betting.
Compared to other sports betting sites, Betway offer an extensive esports betting service that covers all the major esports betting games (League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Defense of the Ancients 2 and StarCraft II). Furthermore, Betway also offers the chance to bet in play on a number of bigger esports events.
Other sports notable on Betway for the number of betting options available include Tennis, Cricket and Darts, although to be fair, Betway offers a very good selection of bets across its entire range of sports offered.
There’s also a number of other non-sports betting markets you can bet on ay Betway such as Politics, (which is split into UK and US Politics sections) and there is also a Specials section which allows you to place bets on Awards, Current Affairs, Movies, TV and even the UK weather.
Although Betway may not be quite as extensive a site as some of the more long-standing companies in the UK sports betting industry, there are many positives about Betway, particularly in terms of its ease of use and speed, which make it a popular choice. The number of sports available and the number of betting markets available on each sport plus the extensive in play betting section and a healthy number of promotions mean that Betway is well worth a closer look.
Betway offer a mix of short term promotions, based on specific sporting events or matches, as well as a number of longer term events which are available throughout the year for a number of sports. To find out the latest short-term offers, click on the Plus Promotions section of the site to bring up a full list of all available promotions at Betway at the current time.
Outlined below is a list of some of the longer-term offers and promotions you can find readily available at Betway for a significant proportion of the year, if not all year round.
- Enhanced Odds – Betway regularly offer customers the chance to place a particular bet or two where the company has enhanced the odds on the likelihood of that bet being successful. The types of bet and events that these offers are based on do change regularly and you can locate these bets in the Enhanced Odds section of the site.
- Racing Outsider Insurance Special – Place a bet on a horse to win in one of Betway’s selected races on any given day and if in that race your selection finishes second and is beaten by a horse of odds of 10/1 or greater, Betway will refund your losing bet in full up to a maximum stake of £25.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Place a bet after 10am on the day of the race on any horse and if your horse wins, but the Starting Price is greater than the price you took, you will be paid out at the higher amount. If the Starting Price is lower, then you will still be paid out at the price you originally placed the bet at. Whichever is the higher price, is the payout you will receive.
- US Sports Acca Insurance – Place a four-fold accumulator bet on the Match Winner, Win/Draw/Win and Money Line markets on any NBA, NCAAB, NHL, NL, NCAA or MLB matches and if one of your selections let you down, Betway will refund your stake as a free bet up to a maximum of £50.
Betway mobile sportsbook review
Betway had an advantage over many other Sports betting sites available in the UK in that it was designed from the bottom up to be a site that was not only easy to use on a website, but also equally compatible with mobile devices. It is clear to see that designing such a site from scratch, rather than modifying an existing site, has worked well when it comes to Betway’s Mobile service.
There is a downloadable app available for Betway Sports mobile both for Apple devices (iPhone and iPad compatible) as well as another app available for Android handsets and tablets. Cosmetically and in terms of the betting markets offered as well as access to all the key features of the site, both apps offer almost the exact same experience.
What is striking about Betway Mobile Sports betting is how quick and easy it is to use, so much so that any customer switching from the website onto their mobile device to access the site will still find the same speed, flexibility and user-friendly options.
While an extensive In Play betting section is available, it is perhaps a little disappointing that there are no live streaming services on Betway mobile at present. You can however access all the key promotional offers and deals via mobile that you can via the website.
Betway’s mobile service is clean, fresh, fast and easy to use and makes betting from your handset or tablet very easy. The In Play service is especially good and has been well designed and the range of markets on offer make this a very astute choice if you are looking for a sports book to bet with from your mobile or tablet.