Betfair initially gained popularity as an online betting exchange service, where punters could offer to back and lay bets against other punters. After that service was an huge success, it wasn’t long before Betfair decided to offer their own sports betting service running in parallel to their exchange. Since then the company has also diversified to offer casino gaming, poker, bingo and virtual sports betting services to its customers.
If you want to join Betfair Sportsbook, then you can take full advantage of their generous sign up offer. Register your details and then deposit some cash into your account. You then need to make five wagers of £10 or more (at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5)) and you will receive a free £20 bet. You can then repeat this offer up to five times to claim the maximum bonus of £100.
This looks a particularly good value offer for punters who make regular bets of £10 or more and who will wager their qualifying bets in a relatively short period of time, thus giving them access to at least one £20 Free Bet, if not all five.
Click on the button below and you can sign up with Betfair right now
Important Information: 18+, UK and Republic of Ireland residents only. Your five qualifying bets must be single bets of at least £10 or more. Free bets are awarded within 24 hours of completing the qualifying requirement. Only bets placed and settled within the first 30 days of opening your account qualify. T&C’s apply.
Betfair – Three Best Things
- Betfair’s extensive range of sports and markets allows punters a massive choice of markets, especially on the top sporting fixtures each week. The site is particularly strong with its football coverage (particularly on the Premier League and Champions League) as well as its horse racing betting.
- The number of promotions on offer at Betfair is very high and the promotions are changed frequently. Many are available across the most popular betting sports (Football, Horse Racing and similar) but when there is a big sporting event on in another sporting discipline, Betfair will also usually have a special promotion in place for that too (such as for the PDC World Darts or the World Snooker Championship, for example)
- Betfair also operates one of the best mobile apps you can download to your iOS or Android device. The range of bets available mirrors what you find on the site and the speed and usability of the app make it very easy to use, even on smaller mobile devices. Add to that Live Streaming being available and an excellent In Play betting service and Betfair is a great option for fans of mobile betting too.
Betfair - Three Worst Things
- While the introductory offer is good in terms of you being able to earn up to £100 in free bets, there is a requirement for you to wager at least £250 in 30 days in order to claim the full bonus. That is a large amount of money for some punters, especially those who tend to make smaller stakes bets.
- It can be frustrating on mobile to have to log out of one app and load another if you want to move from Betfair Sports Betting to Betfair Poker or similar. However, while the connectivity across sites may be a slight nuisance, the positive effect of this is that the Apps individually all run superbly on a wide range of devices.
- The main website can look very ‘busy’ at times, with a huge amount of information displayed on the screen. It can be somewhat over-powering to see so much information and it isn’t as easy on the eye as some other sites which may contain less, but which look more appealing and are easier to navigate through as a result.
What fixtures are available?
Betfair has an extensive range of betting markets available across a wide range of different sports and the good thing is that whether you access the site on a laptop or desktop, or instead prefer to use a mobile device, then you have the same markets and sports betting opportunities available to you at both.
Betfair is a particularly strong sports betting site for football, with a focus especially on the top leagues in England (The Premier League and The Championship) as well as on European competitions, such as the Champions League and Europa League. There’s also extensive betting options available for matches in other countries and competitions and also for key international dates, including international tournaments such as the World Cup or the European Championships.
Alongside football, Betfair also runs a length book on horse racing too and along with soccer, these two make up most of the sites betting revenue. The company also offers regular specials bets on Football and Horse Racing which change from day to day and which also have their own link in the Quick Links menu.
Betfair also offers an extensive Virtual Sports betting service which includes six different sports including Horse Racing (Flat and Jump racing), Football, Greyhounds, Motor Racing, Speedway and Cycling. This is certainly one of the fastest growing areas of the site and mirrors the growth in Virtual Sports betting that has occurred over the last few years. The site also offers an increasing range of Esports bets too.
A number of other sports also have excellent coverage on Betfair with a wide selection of bets available on American sports such as the NBA Basketball, National Football League, National Hockey League and Major League Baseball. Closer to home the site offers excellent coverage of many UK, European and Global sports such as Snooker, Darts, Formula 1, Golf, Tennis, Cricket and Rugby Union to name but a few.
Alongside these standard forms of sports betting market, you can also bet on a number of non-sports related betting markets at Betfair including bets on UK Politics and TV programmes and events.
With a burgeoning Live Streaming and In Play betting service that sits neatly alongside its sports betting markets, not to mention a regular flow of promotions available across the site throughout the year across a wide range of sports, it is easy to see why Betfair is the first choice for a growing number of punters in the UK and Ireland.
Ongoing Betfair promotions
Alongside the good value starter offer for new customers, Betfair offers a number of promotions across a variety of different sports (and sites) for its users to take full advantage of. The number of offers on Betfair is large, with a number of promotions based on different sporting events that take place throughout the year supplementing those that are more regularly available.
It is therefore a good idea to check through the list of Betfair promotions when you are on the site to see what the latest offers are as a high proportion of promotions may be related to single big sporting events and these can change frequently, even in the space of just a few days on the site. Outlined below though are some of the longer term offers available at Betfair.
- ITV Racing £25 Free Bet with Every Winner at 3/1 or More – Place a win or each way bet on any of the races shown live on ITV Racing and if you back a winner at odds of 3/1 or greater, then Betfair will reward you with a free bet to the same value as your stake up to a maximum of £25.
- Bet £10 on the Exchange and get a Free £5 Sportsbook Acca – Use your Betfair log in to visit Betfair’s Exchange and then place a bet on the exchange of at least £10 and if you do, Betfair will give you a free £5 bet which you can place as an accumulator bet on selected sporting events throughout the year (such as the PDC World Darts Championship, or Thursday Night NFL Football).
- Best Odds Guaranteed on UK and Ireland Races – Place a bet with Betfair on any UK or Irish horse race or greyhound race and Betfair will always pay you out at the best odds for your selection, guaranteed.
- Live Streaming on Horse and Greyhound Racing – Place a bet of £0.50 or more on any selection in any horse or greyhound race that Betfair offers a Live Stream of and you will be able to watch the Live Stream of your race.
Betfair mobile sportsbook review
Betfair’s mobile offering for sports betting has always been one of the top apps available on the market today. There are apps available for Android and iOS devices, with the latest Android version available direct from the website and the iOS version available from the App Store.
Betfair’s mobile sports betting app does just deal with the sports betting part of the Betfair suite of sites. If you want to access the other Betfair sites that deal with bingo, poker or casino gaming, or the Betfair betting exchange, then individual apps for these services are also available to download from the App Store or from each of the individual Betfair sites if you use Android.
In terms of the sports betting app, what you get with the App is simply an echo of the service that you receive on the website. All the markets you would want to bet on are available from within the app as they are on the website, furthermore all the same promotions that you can access from the site are also available on the app.
In terms of functionality, the App has undergone several tweaks over the years to improve the end user experience and the net result is an app which is responsive, easy to use, easy to navigate through and which is distinctive, using the same gold and black livery of the Betfair site.
Betfair’s Sports Betting app also allows you to place In Play bets and view the Live Streams that the site carries, the number of streams available is extensive though not perhaps quite as extensive as you would find on other mobile services.
The one downside is having to log out and then load up the other Betfair apps if you want to use different sites, but this is a small inconvenience to pay for a set of mobile apps that are perfectly suited to anyone wishing to gamble on their device.
Complete terms and conditions
Betfair’s New Customer Offer – Get up to £100 in Free Bets
- Who can take part?
Only New customers who are resident in the UK or the Republic of Ireland and who use the promotional code ZBBC01 can participate in the offer.
- What do I need to do?
Customers must place five £10 (or more) individual single bets on the Betfair Sportsbook site at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5)
Any bets placed on the same selection or market do not qualify for this promotion.
- What can I win?
After your five qualifying bets have been settled, you will receive a £20 free bet from Betfair within the next 24-hours.
You can then repeat this process up to five times within your first 30 days of membership. The maximum bonus available is £100.
- What else should I know?
You are allowed to stake more than £10 on a qualifying bet, but if you do then that bet will still only count as one qualifying bet.
Any bets you place must be placed and settled within the first 30 days of you having an account with Betfair in order for it to qualify for the offer.
The offer excludes any ‘same market’ bets you may place on the Betfair Exchange.
Any bets that are Cashed Out or Voided will not qualify for the offer.
Bets placed using your £20 Free bets, or any other Free Bet offered by Betfair, in full or in part, will not qualify as a qualifying bet.
Customers that deposit their cash using either Moneybookers or Neteller services, will not be allowed to take part in the offer.
Only one bet per sporting event will qualify for the offer.
Any multiple selection bets are excluded from the offer, as are any single bet selections contained within multiple bets, such as in a Lucky 15 or Lucky 31 bet.
Your £20 Free bets are valid for 30 days upon receipt.
Betfair Sportsbook promotional terms apply, as do the Standard Betfair Terms and Conditions.